• Corinna Lotz
    Participant
    #7323 |

WANTED: YOUR ideas, YOUR energy and YOUR support

Underlying the problems of our time is a common issue – the lack of democratic control over our lives and our future. Corporate and financial power has taken the political system under its wings. We now live in a corporatocracy

1) We seek to end the domination of our society and the political system by corporate and financial power
    2) We are for a democratic revolution to build a new political system that works for the 99% and puts real power into the hands of the people
    3) We seek to protect the earth’s ecosystems through a transition from for-profit production to a co-operative system based on need
    4) We are inclusive and embrace a diversity of views to achieve these aims.
    5) Our aim is to complement the work of others by introducing the central issues of democracy, the state and power and self-determination. Whilst maintaining our integrity on this central vision, we welcome members of other organisations to work with us while remaining in their own organisation
    6) We seek to organise and structure the RDM in a truly democratic, non-hierarchical way. The nature of the organisation is being co-created by the Supporters.

Why not become a supporter here!

• Paul
    Keymaster
    #7325 |

we welcome members of other organisations to work with us as RDM supporters

• Gavin Barker
    Participant
    #7352 |

This is short and to the point – agree with all of it. With regards to points 4 and 5, I’ve just had a chat with Paul about how this could be expressed in a concrete manner. One proposal I have (needs fleshing out) is to develop a network of networks. RDM has its own network and following; so does Centre for Welfare Reform; so does Assemblies for Croyden; in short we would do better to develop a network of networks, a Facebook group for instance, rather than invest massive energy in developing a single network following for Real Democracy Movement.

There are various actors out there, some with quite strong networks. They may not have much understanding of constitutions or radical democracy but they may broadly sympathetic to our values and open to dialogue. We need to identify them develop a relationship.

• Corinna Lotz
    Participant
    #7375 |

Hi Gavin,
    Thanks for your thoughtful comments. The idea of a network of networks is a good concept. I really like it. Actually, thinking it through, “a network of networks” need not be viewed as an alternative course or in conflict with the idea of developing a single network following for the RDM: can’t they be viewed as complementary and necessary processes enhancing and expanding each other?
    Perhaps like the human brain’s neural networks which grow in response to animals like ourselves repeatedly carrying out different forms of mental and physical practice.
    Hope that helps.
    We do need to search out avenues and interactions with other groups and organisations.

And here’s the latest version of the 6 points, taking in Paul’s 3 words:

Underlying the problems of our time is a common issue – the lack of democratic control over our lives and our future. Corporate and financial power has taken the political system under its wings. We now live in a corporatocracy

1) We seek to end the domination of our society and the political system by corporate and financial power
    2) We are for a democratic revolution to build a new political system that works for the 99% and puts real power into the hands of the people
    3) We seek to protect the earth’s ecosystems through a transition from for-profit production to a co-operative system based on need
    4) We are inclusive and embrace a diversity of views to achieve these aims.
    5) Our aim is to complement the work of others by introducing the central issues of democracy, the state and power and self-determination. Whilst maintaining our integrity on this central vision, we welcome members of other organisations to work with us as RDM supporters while remaining in their own organisation
    6) We seek to organise and structure the RDM in a truly democratic, non-hierarchical way. The nature of the organisation is being co-created by the Supporters

• Gavin Barker
    Participant
    #7376 |

Hi Corinna, I couldnt agree more. We should work on both approaches and they complement each other.

I think the 6 points speak strongly to me. There is also overlap with the charter which is good because it re-inforces the same message. There is not a word I would change.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.