Become a supporter
The vicious, pre-meditated attack on Owen Jones @OwenJones84 is a warning to everyone fighting for democratic rights in an intolerant atmosphere promoted by a right-wing populist PM who in the language of fascism describes his no-deal Brexit opponents as "collaborators".
This is a bit dramatic, so firstly I’m fine, but last night - when I was celebrating my birthday - I was attacked, along with my friends, in a blatant premeditated assault.
As two of the richest clubs in Europe - Man City and Man United - prosper with rich sponsors, down the road Bury are facing closure for the want of a couple of week's wages for the big boys. Shocking. Disgusting.
Good to hear that Plaid, SNP and Conservative MPs have responded positively to Jeremy Corbyn’s Caretaker Government offer by confirming that they are willing to meet. We have to prevent the dangerous No Deal Brexit that Johnson is so recklessly willing to inflict on our country.
True to form the Lib Dems have rejected out of hand Corbyn's plan to thwart no deal Brexit. That's because their natural home is with the Tories as they demonstrated when they joined Cameron's austerity coalition in 2010.
Send me blog updates
- Democracy reboot through a crowd-sourced charter
- How Labour can lead the fight to defy Johnson’s plan to sideline Parliament
- How to block Johnson’s threat to ‘make Britain great again’
- South Tyneside prepares for people-powered change
- Glastonbury 2019: The kids are alright (reasons to be cheerful, 1,2,3…)