Underlying the problems of our time is a common issue – the lack of democratic control over our lives and our future. Corporate and financial power has taken the political system under its wings. We now live in a corporatocracy.
1) We seek to end the domination of our society and the political system by corporate and financial power
2) We are for a democratic revolution to build a new political system that works for the 99% and puts real power into the hands of the people
3) We seek to protect the earth’s ecosystems through a transition from for-profit production to a co-operative system based on need
4) We are inclusive and embrace a diversity of views to achieve these aims
5) Our aim is to complement the work of others by introducing the central issues of democracy, the state and power and self-determination. Whilst maintaining our integrity on this central vision, we welcome members of other organisations to work with us as RDM supporters while remaining in their own organisation
6) We seek to organise and structure the RDM in a truly democratic, non-hierarchical way. The nature of the organisation is being co-created by the Supporters.
Why not become a supporter?
Building the Real Democracy Movement into a significant force for change is essential if a Corbyn-led government is to have a chance of success.
Supporters worked together to write Democracy Unchained, which sets out some ideas and proposals you can take forward. Download it here. They have also produced Time’s up for Neoliberalism and What if? (scenarios for a Corbyn-led government) which are also available to download or buy as a hard copy.
Here’s what YOU can do right now:
►Post your activities, images and ideas on Facebook
►Help organise a discussion around the ideas in Democracy Unchained in your area.